First Line Fridays – 4 May 2018

04 May

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books.

Spring (or is it summer?) is definitely in the air and i’m still stuck in a hotel room traveling for work – although the end is in sight – i’ll be home mid-next week! But before that happens, I have an 8hr drive tomorrow and then a 5hr one Monday evening (yay, i’m sooo excited…NOT!). So my First Line Friday for today is the audiobook that is next up on the pile.

I pulled up to Soulwood and let the truck lights shine on my house and garden. The trees were leafless, stark branches reached up to the sky and down to the earth, roots thick and gnarled and digging deep.

From:
Curse of the Land – Faith Hunter
Series: Soulwood, Book 2 (spun-off from the Jane Yellowrock series)

And since i’m listening to the audiobook – narrated by Khristine Hvam.

From Goodreads:
Before Nell Ingram met skinwalker Jane Yellowrock, she had no one to rely on, finding strength only in in her arcane connection to the dark woods around her. But now she has friends in the newly-formed PsyLED team to keep her grounded—even if being part of the agency responsible for policing paranormals presents dangers of its own…

After training at the PsyLED academy, Nell returns home to her woods to find the land feeling sick and restless. And that sickness is spreading. With the help of her team, under the leadership of agent Rick LaFleur, Nell tries to determine the cause. But nothing can prepare them for the evil that awaits: an entity that feeds on death itself. And it wants more…

What about you – what is (or was) the first line of the book you are currently reading (or listening)?

Posted by on May 4, 2018 in First Line Fridays

Tags: , , , ,

6 responses to “First Line Fridays – 4 May 2018

1. j9reads

May 4, 2018 at 9:19 pm

My first lines come from A.L. Jackson’s Lead Me Home.

“I’d always wondered why people set themselves up for disaster. Why they put their heart on the line when they knew it would only be crushed. Why they led themselves toward the slaughter like a blind, ignorant lamb. Willingly.”

I’m featuring lines from Tess Thompson’s Deleted: Jackson and Maggie on my blog. I’m about half way through and absolutely in love with this story and the characters. Stop by and take a look!

2. lelandandbecky

May 4, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Happy Friday! My first line is from Storm Front (Montana Rescue Book #5) by Susan May Warren:

“Ty Remington blamed the homemade orange marmalade cake for why he found himself huddled under an overhang off some faraway path in Glacier National Park, shivering, praying he might live through the night.”

3. Yvette - Bookworlder

May 5, 2018 at 4:53 am

I’m sharing from my current read, No Less Days by Amanda G. Stevens, on my blog today, so here is the first line from an upcoming read, Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber:

“The moment Earth’s United World Council officially placed seventeen-year-old Sofi Snow at the top of their Imminent Terrorist Threat list, a siren went off in the circular downtown building, and she became the most wanted teenager alive.”

Happy Friday!

May 14, 2018 at 1:52 am

ohhh i’m definitely intrigued by this first line

4. Iola

May 5, 2018 at 9:20 am

I’m not a big audiobook fan myself, so I’ll share what I’m reading.

Today I’m sharing the first line of That’s Amore by Marion Ueckermann on my blog. It’s the first book in the new multi-author Tuscan Legacy series. I’m now reading the third book, Rapsodia (Rhapsody) by Alexa Verde. Here’s the first line:

Marco Carter would rather spend a day in a pit with snakes than an hour on a plane.

Personally, I love flying and hate snakes. What about you?

Happy reading and listening!

May 14, 2018 at 1:52 am

hate hate snakes with every fiber of my being!