First Line Fridays – 16 February 2018

16 Feb

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books

It’s Valentine Day’s week for First Line Friday’s this week! I’m an avid romance reader, so this week it was more about deciding which of the various romances I have on the pile was going to be featured – so in true Dee fashion – I closed my eyes and did an enny-meanie-minie-mo to select and the winner was….

Maggie Sullivan sought refuge in the stairwell between the sixth and sevenths floors at the far west end of the hospital, the steps least traveled in interns and residents racing from floor to floor, from emergency to emergency.

Posted by on February 16, 2018 in Blog Features, First Line Fridays

9 responses to “First Line Fridays – 16 February 2018

1. susandyer1962

February 17, 2018 at 12:09 am

Dee, Kristina McMorris has a book on Netgalley and it’s coming out in October I believe!

Happy Friday!

Today my First Line Friday comes from a book I will be reading next week. A Mother’s Gift by Charlotte Hubbard.

As Lenore Otto sat on the bed with Leah, wistfully watching the dusk of late November fill her daughter’s room, her heart was torn.

Have an awesome weekend!!

February 18, 2018 at 9:18 pm

I already have Kristina’s book on pre-order – I think having the ARC would be too much torture!

2. Carrie

February 17, 2018 at 2:07 am

I’ve always loved that cover for some reason!

My current first line is from Missy Tippens’ new novella “Her Valentine Reunion” (in the Back to You collection) – “In a preemptive strike against the Valentine’s Day funk that hit her every year in February, Abbie Rogers had been working on her latest craft project she’d dubbed Operation Kill Cupid.”

February 18, 2018 at 9:17 pm

i think i need to get my hands on this…i could be a fan of Operation Kill Cupid!

• Carrie

February 20, 2018 at 4:28 am

3. Anneliese Dalaba

February 17, 2018 at 3:58 am

The book I’m featuring on my blog is Rumors and Promises by Kathleen Rouser. Since I’m on chapter 14, I’ll share the first line from that chapter here. “I insist that you stay here and rest today, Sophie.” Have a wonderful weekend!

February 18, 2018 at 9:19 pm

can someway say that to me please?

4. lelandandbecky

February 17, 2018 at 3:45 pm

I know I’m late but yesterday was busy! Happy Weekend! My first line is from A Langhorne Romance (which is in Right Where We Belong collection) by Deborah Raney.

“No sooner had Lily O’Neal plunged her hands into the sticky bread dough than the doorbell rang. Why did it always work that way?”

February 18, 2018 at 9:17 pm

its soo true! the doorbell or phone always rings at the most inopportune time!