As a follow-up to the post from earlier today with my review of Attachment Strings, and an excerpt for you guys, Chris T. Kat kindly agreed to answer some questions for me in an interview. And since I like my randomness when it comes to asking questions – you just never know what is going to come up 😉
1. If we were to get a peek at your nightstand (or wherever you keep books you are currently reading), what books/authors would we see?
You’d see “Urban Shaman” by Lyn Gala (which is what I’m currently reading) and Tali Spencer’s “Thick as Thieves” (which will be up next).
2. What is the one piece of advice you would give to an aspiring writer?
Write the story that’s in your heart and mind and don’t bother with trends.
3. Are you a planner or a pant-ser when it comes to your writing?
It’s a little bit of both. I have rough outlines and follow them but I don’t mind changing my plans if the story demands it.
4. Do you have any superstitions when it comes to writing? (same times, same place, certain habits?)
Nope, no superstitions. I’m just not an evening or night-writer, so I only write in the mornings.
5. Who would you say are your author inspirations/role-models?
I don’t have any role-models but I have some favorite authors. I especially like Dean Koontz because his plots are unique, often tinged with something paranormal, and really resonate with me. I like it when an author explores different genres.
6. If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
That’s a hard question! I guess you’re waiting for me to name a celebrity? I have no idea! Would it be okay if I said I’d love to have dinner with my husband? Just him and me—that would be great. 🙂
Thanks again Chris for answering my questions.