Read-Along – Les Miserables

30 Aug

Thanks to Tien of Tien’s Blurb for hosting the above read-along.

I have to admit that I love the musical of Les Miserables, but I have never actually read the book. So with the upcoming new movie that is being released in December, I am excited to join in this read-along.

If anyone is interested in joining us, you can click on the Les Miserables image above and it will take you to the hosting blog. The schedule for the read-along is as follows:

15 Sept – 28 Sept: Fantine
29 Sept – 12 Oct: Cosette
13 Oct – 26 Oct: Marius
27 Oct – 9 Nov: Saint Denis
10 Nov – 23 Nov: Jean Valjean
1 Dec: Final Review

Tien will be using the Signet Classics version of the book available through Amazon Les Misérables (Signet Classics). I am still looking for a good kindle version to read – so ideas are welcome and I will post my version choice when I figure it out.

I look forward to chatting with people about it.

Posted by on August 30, 2012 in Read-Along

Tags: , , , ,

6 responses to “Read-Along – Les Miserables

1. Liesel Hill

August 30, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Hi there! Great idea for a read-along. I’ll probably participate, even though I’ll be cheating a bit. I’m already reading this, but I’m only about half-way through. As for suggestions, I don’t know about a kindle version, but I’m reading a few, e-version through the goodreads app on my phone. It’s a pretty good one. So excited! This will help propel me along to finish the book. I totally love it, but it’s long and life is busy, so it’s been slow going. Count me in, though! 😀

August 30, 2012 at 2:16 pm

cool! I’m scoping out kindle versions right now and looks like the Denny version is the best unabridged one out there since the Signet one isn’t available – but it isn’t a cheap version either

2. Christine

August 30, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Hey, Dee! Mayhem from amazon here. I think I WILL sign up for this read along. Thanks for the tip!

August 30, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Yay!!!

3. Tien

August 30, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Great to have you on board, Dee 🙂

Somehow, I had the impression that you were on blogger? Hhmm, I think I saw that on your GR profile the other day… have you changed platform since?

August 30, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I was originally but I switched to WP not long after