Feature & Follow (1)

27 Jul

Q: Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

I did my best to boycott many of the assigned reading books in high school – I hated them with a passion…in fact, I remember being placed in a remedial group at one stage because I hadn’t read the assigned book – even though I could discuss it…to this day, I haven’t read that book and don’t know if I ever will. (FWIW the book was I am David by Anne Holm). That being said, I had a hard time deciding on which was my favorite, so I’m putting two (heck, I’ve always been a rule-bender…)

The Diary of Anne Frank is what kicked off my interest in the Holocaust and studying different aspects of it – after completing it, I wrote 2 major high school assignments (English and History) on the Holocaust as well as taking an elective history college in college on it. It is a time period in history that I continue to be interested in to this day

Mr Atticus…need I say more ;) But seriously, TKAM was just one of those books – I can’t describe why I enjoyed it as much as I did, but I did.

Posted by on July 27, 2012 in Blog Hop, FEature & Follow

Tags: , , , , , ,

6 responses to “Feature & Follow (1)

1. Cassi Haggard

July 27, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Both excellent books! Honestly I didn’t even think about either even though they were both required reading. It’s hard for me to keep track of pre-goodreads reading anymore.

My follow friday! Please stop by!

July 27, 2012 at 9:58 pm

those are the only 2 i vaguely remember aside from I am David and Lord of the Flies that makes me shudder to this day

2. Christina (Ensconced in YA)

July 28, 2012 at 12:51 am

Good choices!

New follower via Twitter.

Ensconced in YA

July 30, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Thanks Christina – sorry for the delay – your post ended up in my spam folder, but its all fixed now ;)

3. Alison (@AlisonCanRead)

July 28, 2012 at 5:02 am

Hopping through. Yay for TKAM. An incredible book.
    My Hop

July 28, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I know Alison and it is one of the times where the movie is as good as the book. I love your blog hop idea – can’t wait to participate in more ;)